Xtreme Download Manager(xdman): Internet Download Manager(IDM) For Ubuntu
Xtreme Download Manager (xdman)is a java based download manager in ubuntu. We can say it is an alternate of windows IDM(internet download manager) in ubuntu linux. It supports pause and resume for downloads. This download manager integrates with any internet browser.
- Download files at maximum possible speed. ( 5-6 times faster )
- Sophisticated dynamic file segmentation algorithm,data compression & connection reuse.
- Download FLV,MP4,HTML5 videos from YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Video or Any Other site
- Capture download from any browser (Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera,Safari or any other program trying to download a file from Internet)
- Supports HTTP,HTTPS,FTP protocols with Authentication,Proxy Servers, Cookies, Redirection etc.
- Resumes broken/dead downloads caused by connection problem,power failure or session expiration
- Built in YouTube downloader, HTTP Traffic monitor, Batch downloader.
- Can be configured to perform Automatic Antivirus checking, System shutdown on download completion
- Highly portable. Runs on any O.S with Java SE 6. No need for installation.
Installation of xdman on Ubuntu (12.04/12.10/13.04/14.04)
Step:1 First Download xdman zip file using below command
$ sudo wget http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/xdman/xdman.zip
Step:2 Extract xdman:
$ sudo unzip xdman.zip
Step:3 Set the execute permissions
$ sudo chmod o+x xdman
Step:4 Now Install xdman using below command
$ sudo sh xdman
Step:4 Now Open your Browser , type "http://localhost:9614/xdmff.xpi"
Click on Install Now
Step:5 Now Try to download any sample video from you tube. Just copy the URL and paste it in xdman , as shown below.
Also make sure xdman service is up and running , if you want to download any vidoes using xdman , use step 4 to start the service.