Exchange Server Interview Questions & Answers part 3
Q: – What are the Planning Considerations of Mailbox Server Role?
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Mailbox server role hosts mailbox databases and provides e-mail storage and advanced scheduling services for Microsoft Office Outlook users The Mailbox server role can also host a public folder database, which provides a foundation for workflow, document sharing, and other forms of collaboration
We have to perform a planning consideration on
* Sizing the database,
* Planning for public folder,
* Co hosting with other server roles and
* Planning for clustered Mailbox server
Q: – What are the Planning considerations for Client Access Server Role?
The Client Access server role supports the Outlook Web Access, Outlook Anywhere, and Exchange ActiveSync client applications, in addition to the POP3 and IMAP4 protocols. The Client Access server role also hosts several key services, such as the Auto discover service and Exchange Web Services.
In order to have better client access functionality we have to perform a Planning consideration on Exchange Active Sync. Outlook web Access, outlook anywhere, POP3 and IMAP4 protocols and also securing client access
Q: – What are the Planning Considerations of Hub Transport Server Role?
Hub Transport server role is a required role in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 organization that provides routing within a single organizational network by using the Active Directory directory service site. Hub Transport server role installed handles all mail flow inside the organization, apply transport rules, apply journal rules, and deliver messages to recipientsâ€™ mailboxes
We have to perform a Planning Consideration on
* Topology for mail flow inside and outside the Exchange organization
* Server capacity determine how to perform performance monitor
* Security includes delegation of administrative roles and verification that IP connections are only enabled from authorized servers
* Transport Features determine the transport features that you will enable at the Hub Transport server and how they will be configured