Shutter is a screenshot tool in ubuntu linux. With the help of shutter we can take the screenshot of a particular area, window and full screen . We can apply different effects on screenshot image and can upload image file to image hosting site directly.
Features of Shutter :
- It allows us to take screenshot of Whole Desktop , specified area or rectangular area.
- It allows us to take screenshot with specified delay time
- It allows to save screenshot image files as gif,png ,jpg, tiff lot more.
- It allows us to upload image files directly to image hosting site.
- It generate thumbnails when we take screenshot & set the size level in %
- It allows to print & delete screenshots.
- It can also edit screenshot images using embedded drawing tool
In this post we will discuss how to install & use shutter in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS & 14.10
Installation of Shutter from the Command Line
Open the Terminal , type below apt-get command.
$ sudo apt-get install shutter
Installation of Shutter from Synaptic Package Manager
Open the Synaptic Package Manager , search shutter as shown below
Select shutter , click on ‘Mark for installation’ then click on Apply…
Once the Installation is finished now access the Shutter. To access shutter open the terminal and type : shutter or you can use below step
Click on Shutter icon ….
To take the screenshot , click on Selection icon & select the area you want to capture and press enter to take screenshot.
To Edit the Image file Click on Edit icon , after making changes click on Save.