Red hat has recently released Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7) Operating system. Some of the Changes in RHEL 7 are listed below as compare with RHEL 6 .
- Default root file system is XFS
- Linux 3.10 kernel.
- A new systemctl command replaces chkconfig and service, although scripts allow you to still use the legacy commands.
- Docker: The biggest new addition to RHEL 7 is tight integration of Docker, the explosively popular application-virtualization technology.
- Boot-loader GRUB2
- Samba 4.1 and BTRFS makes an appearance
In this article we will go through the installation steps of RHEL 7, we will be installing using DVD or ISO file .
Step:1 Download the Binary DVD ISO File
Only the registerd users & who have the subscription on redhat portal can download the iso file of RHEL7.
Use the link “Download RHEL 7 Binary Dvd iso file” Once you have download the ISO file , Burn the ISO file to DVD media or create bootable USB media as per requirement.
Step:2 Boot the system from the bootable disk and select ‘Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0′ as shown below :
Step:3 Select the language that will be used during installation
Click on Continue…
Step:4 Set Customize installation options:
- Adjust Date & Time, Keyboard, and Language Support preferences under Localization.
- Modify Installation Source, Software Selection, and Network Configuration options under Software.
- Under System : I have created customize partition table by clicking on the Installation Destination , preview of my customize partition table shown below :
Now Finally click on ‘Begin Installation’
Step:5 Set the root password & Create a system user
As we can see above installation has started. Once the installation is completed it will ask for reboot.
Step:6 Reboot the Machine , after installation is completed :
click on Reboot
Step:7 Console after OS Installation